Monday, August 24, 2015
Director Kyle Borcz has announced the cast of Jessica Dickey's "The Amish Project," the first staged reading in the 2015-2016 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
"The Amish Project" is a fictional exploration of the Nickel Mines schoolhouse shooting in an Amish community, and the path of forgiveness and passion forged in its wake.
The staged reading of "The Amish Project" will be Tuesday, September 15 at 7:30 p.m. It is a Pay What You Can event.
The cast includes:
* Anna Burman - Amish mother
* Rod Dimmick - Fireman, Ray
* Vanessa Gresham-Miller - Carol Stuckey
* Ann-Marie Iannone - Anna
* Lyle Jannet - Bill North
* E. Linda Jeffries - America's Mother
* Linda Kampe - Ensemble
* Jen Luptak - Ensemble
* Josie Luptak - America
* Amelia Janney - Amish student
* Drake Meed - Eddie Stuckey
* Jeremy Starks - Aaron
* Andrea Yough - Sherry Local
* Haojing Zhu - Reporter
* Isabella Zollner - Velda
* Anna Burman - Original music composition
* Lizz Cohen - Production Assistant
Thursday, August 6, 2015
The committee preparing the 2015-2016 Staged Reading series at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting submissions for original, previously unproduced scripts by local playwrights.
Here are the submission guidelines.
* Deadline for submissions: October 2, 2015.
* Response date: No later than December 4, 2015.
* Playwrights must have their primary residence in the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation: Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Civic Theatre prefers a full script submission.
* Civic Theatre will accept a query/synopsis along with a 5-page dialogue sample.
* Civic Theatre prefers electronic submissions, which may be sent to email@example.com
* Mailed submissions must be sent to:
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
Attn: Staged Reading Committee
313 N. 5th Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
* All submissions must include a title page with the play's title, author's name and contact information. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the script.
* Submissions sent via mail must include a self-addressed stamped envelope or self-addressed stamped postcard.
* There is no cost to submit.
* Probability of being selected: At least one original script per year is included in the Staged Reading series out of the entire pool of submissions.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
* Cast size: Ten or fewer actors are preferred.
* Length: Scripts may be either one-act or full length.
* Content: There are no restrictions on content.
In the eight years the Staged Reading Series has been part of the Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette season, at least one script has been an original, previously unproduced script written by a local playwright.
* 2007-2008: "Pia Zadora Sings Gershwin" by Deborah Gray and "A Very Bad Day for Brandon Butterworth" by Scott Haan
* 2008-2009: "In the Weeds" by Steve Gooch
* 2009-2010: "TILT" by Laurie Russell
* 2010-2011: "Roman Cokes" by Jeff Spanke
* 2011-2012: "Puzzles" by Laurie Russell
* 2012-2013: "A Wonderful Suicide" by Diane Littleton Bahler and "Going through Hell" by Steve Martin
* 2013-2014: "To Tread Among Serpents" by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos
* 2014-2015: "The Subtle, Sublime Transformation of Benny V." by Steve Martin
For more information, please call 765-423-7529
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
Director Michelle Bonora has announced the cast of Bo Wilson's "The Charitable Sisterhood of the Second Trinity Victory Church." It will be the first production of the 2015-2016 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
The show will run September 11-26, 2015. The cast includes:
* Tina Yates - Candace Borcz
* Lorraine Jensen - Stephanie Bosma
* Bea Littleton - Beth Butram
* Janet Murchison - Susan Henrikson
* Riley Reynolds - Caitlyn Mabbitt
Friday, July 24, 2015
"Fiddler on the Roof Jr." opens tonight, Friday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. Enjoy these production photos taken by Kris Kazmierczak. L'chaim!
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Here are photos of the cast of "Fiddler on the Roof Jr.", the second of two summer shows produced by Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
The show runs July 24-26 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette.
Thanks to Kris Kazmierczak for these photos.